80s Trivia Game #1 Oct 28, 2019 8:54:33 GMT -6
Post by Gamer Nerd on Oct 28, 2019 8:54:33 GMT -6
Remember that you can quote this template so you can see all the questions while you post your answers. Good luck
1. Whose death was observed with 10 minutes of silence at 2p EST on December 14, 1980?
2. What TV honcho said of the movies he had colorized: “I can do whatever I want with them”?
3. What late Scandinavian leader was succeeded by Ingvar Carlsson?
4. What industry did tobacco companies start gobbling up in 1988?
5. What NBA basketball team’s productive offensive runs have been dubbed “showtime”?
6. Whose administration did Arthur Schlesinger say should get credit for “adding the word ‘sleaze’ to the political vocabulary”?
7. What Canadian province was Madonna’s mother born in?
8. What was director Robert Zemeckis’ biggest hit before Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
9. What southerner was a 1982 Democratic primary after saying that “one or both” of Coretta King’s parents planned to vote for him?
10. How many in 10 Americans claimed they would vote for an athiest for president?
11. What board game’s top opening score sanctioned play was 128 points for “muzjiks”?
12. How many fingertips did mountaineer Ed Webster lose to frostbite after attempting to scale Mount Everest in 1988?
13. Who slipped and hit his head playing tennis and then napped during his eight-hour stint as acting president?
14. What 1987 Rob Reiner movie based on a book by William Goldman?
15. Who won the most states in the 1984 Democratic presidential primaries?
16. What rental outfit’s employees “tried harder” because they owned it?
17. What former New York Yankees pitcher, “tired of losing old-timers’ games,” announced he was scuffing balls again?
18. What abbreviation did anti-feminist Phyllis Schafly say “really means misery”?